Volunteer at 3R Rescue
3R Rescue is a new organization. Therefore we are still developing our volunteer program.
In order to minimize disruption to the operations, we try to schedule volunteer times in advance. We are looking for volunteers who are willing and able to commit to a regular shift every week. We ask that you make a commitment to volunteer for at least three months (although many of our volunteers continue coming in for much longer than that). If this is the type of volunteer work you are interested in, we would love to have you join us. Just fill out the online application or download a printable and we will contact you.
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or great ideas, please contact: Linda Palagi, Volunteer Coordinator 707-529-4643
Your time and effort really do make a difference. On behalf of all of us at 3R and especially the animals, thank you for volunteering your time and energy. All volunteers must complete an orientation session to learn our procedures. Safety for volunteers, visiting public and the animals is a priority!
The following are the most important – but not all – safety guidelines to keep in mind:
- Trust your instincts. If you think a dog is too big or too strong for you to control, don’t walk it.
- When dog walking, keep your dogs a safe distance from other dogs. Some dogs may be dog aggressive. We want to avoid dog fights or bites to humans.
- When dog walking, concentrate on your dog. No cellphones, texting or tunes during the walk. Please don’t bring friends unless they are willing to sign up as a volunteer.
- If you are bitten or scratched, report it to the volunteer coordinator immediately.
Ways To Volunteer
- Transport – local for dog trips to the vet and longer distance to bring dogs to other states or retrieve dogs from shelters
- Dog Walkers – approximately 1 hr. per dog – Shifts available 7 days a week from approximately 8am-6pm. Note needs will vary depending upon the number of dogs present.
- Administrative Help: Processing paperwork
- Supplies Manager